Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Weekend









As Nate would say, "I need a vacation to recoup after a three day weekend." The boys got a swing set for their birthday's, so Saturday was devoted to putting it together. Before any of the swings were on it the boys were just so excited playing with the metal stand. To go with the swingset, my dad built a pirate boat sandbox. As you can see, we still are working on getting the sand. We had friends and their kids over to test it all out on Sunday.

Then on Monday we headed to the lake for a little swim. It was Cole's first trip. He mainly just looked adorable and enjoyed digging in the sand. Holden took to the water, but not so much on the life jacket. He was in the water shivering with purple lips saying, "I love the water." This was such a great start to summer that I don't know how it could get any better.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you had a great weekend! The boys will love their swing set I'm sure. Hugs to all of you....Natalie

    ReplyDelete