Monday, January 25, 2010

January

Ok, so where did the first month of this decade go? We were busy. It seems like all the hustle and bustle of the holidays hasn't let up. It seems like we've kept busy with lots of visiting now that cold weather has confined us to the inside. We started off our new year by visiting Carlene and Papa Doug. Our much missed babysitter, and friend from last year. We also visited the barber who cut Cole's hair while Nate was in another chair getting his hair cut. Cole was all smiles with not a peep out of him. Holden and I stayed in the truck. Holden wouldn't even set foot in the place, so Nate and I still need to perform the much hated, biannual task of cutting Holden's hair.



We celebrated mine and Nate's birthday. Nate and I were lucky enough to sneak away for a weekend in Kansas City. What a nice time of eating, shopping, eating, shopping, gambling, and sleeping in. We even had a Starbuck's in our hotel. You can't beat that. At home, the celebration was complete with balloons and cake. Holden gave Nate a coffee mug. I don't know where he came up with that idea, but that's what he wanted to get him. Cole did learn to say, "Hapburtday Dada." On my cake I pulled out candles and inadvertently put on the trick kind that stay lit. Let's just say that cake had a little spit from the boys blowing so hard and the room was filled with smoke.
We did finally get a chance to build a snowman. The boys looked so much like puff-a-lumps in their snow attire. Snow kept sticking to Cole's boots, after about two inches of accumulation, he would fall over, and not be able to get back up. Holden made snow angels, but didn't get into snowballs because his hands got too cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment