The candles have been blown out, the presents opened, and the birthday hats put away. I think turning three was hardest on me. I was a ball baby before and after the celebrations. It was so sad taking down Holden's crib. A symbol that my baby's not a baby any more. The time, as all mothers say, has gone way too fast. We had two different parties. A pool party the week before his birthday and then a party at the house on his actual birthday. My dearest little Holden got his "James train" that he had been wanting. I loved watching his face light up when he opened it. His grandma Barb had created a four and a half foot long train cake. It was outrageous. The boys kept trying to get into it. After singing Happy Birthday for some reason Holden always tries to bite the cake. So, of course, Cole ends up also biting the cake.
At his second party, it was just one of those days. Holden woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I don't know if it was the pressure of being three or what, but my little man was just not in the birthday mood. All he really wanted to do was play at his sand table. He did manage to come around for blowing out the candles and trying to bite the cake. He and his brother both managed to get their bite. I'm glad and sad it's all over.
At his second party, it was just one of those days. Holden woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I don't know if it was the pressure of being three or what, but my little man was just not in the birthday mood. All he really wanted to do was play at his sand table. He did manage to come around for blowing out the candles and trying to bite the cake. He and his brother both managed to get their bite. I'm glad and sad it's all over.
No comments:
Post a Comment